- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of dark or light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
1 Cream the butter and sugar together at medium speed for three minutes or until light and fluffy.
2 Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix until well incorporated. Add the maple syrup and mix until well incorporated.
3 In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the walnuts.
4 Preheat the oven to 350F. Drop spoonfuls of the cookie, about 1 inch balls, onto cookies sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen.
Well, as promised, here is that awesome recipe. I have been trying various cookie recipes using both granulated maple sugar and maple syrup. This recipe is just wonderful. Please, if you do try it, let me know what you think! I would appreciate the feedback. Enjoy…..
Filed under: Baker Road Bakery, Baking, Maple Sugar, Recipes Tagged: cookies made with maple syrup, maple cookies, mapley cookies
Share this post
- Tags: Baker Road Bakery, Baking, cookies made with maple syrup, maple cookies, Maple Sugar, mapley cookies, Recipes