This morning we’re serving our guests overnight blueberry french toast with maple syrup from the Orebed Sugar Shack and coffee from St. Lawrence Valley Roasters. This breakfast is a favorite for guests and the maple syrup on the french toast and in the recipe make this very tasty indeed.
Overnight Blueberry French Toast North Fork B&B Lisbon,NY
- 1 (14-ounce) loaf french bread or italian bread
- 1 (8-ounce) package light cream cheese — cut in small pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- butter — for coating pan
Butter a 13×9-inch glass baking pan generously.
Tear bread into one-inch cubes; place half into prepared pan.
Evenly distribute cream cheese pieces over bread; cover with blueberries.
Place remaining bread cubes on top.
In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, syrup and cinnamon; pour over bread cubes.
Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, preheat oven to 350F degrees. Remove casserole dish from fridge and bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and centre is set.
Cut into squares and serve with maple syrup.
Filed under: Maple Syrup, Recipes Tagged: blueberry french toast, DeKalb, exceptional breakfast recipe, make ahead french toast, New York, Orebed Sugar Shack, overnight blueberry french toast, recipe
Share this post
- Tags: blueberry french toast, DeKalb, exceptional breakfast recipe, make ahead french toast, Maple Syrup, New York, Orebed Sugar Shack, overnight blueberry french toast, recipe, Recipes