I've been sharing cookie recipes that can be used for afternoon tea. Of course these are also handy if you're looking for a cookie recipe. I personally love to look at cookie recipes and try new cookies. Holiday time is a great time to bake and cookies make great gifts. Anyway, today I'm sharing Jam Drops
4 ounces butter, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup ground almonds
1 cup flour
1 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
1/2 cup raspberry jam
2 TBLS. apricot jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Beat butter, extract, sugar and ground almonds in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, stir in sifted flour.
3. Divide rind between both jams, mix well.
4. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls, place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Using and of a wooden spoon, press a flower shape, about 1/2 inchdeep, into dough, fill each hole with a little jam, using raspberryjam for petals of flowers and apricot jam for centers.
5. Bake drops about 15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet.
prep+cook time 40 minutes
Share this post
- Tags: Afternoon Tea, Apricot Jam, Cookies and Tea, Cookies for afternoon tea, Jam Drops Cookie recipe, Raspberry Jam, recipe by Specialtea Teas